C++17

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 26 21:28:56 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 21:50:58 UTC, Igor wrote:
> What D lacks is organizational structure! It's akin to a bunch
> of kids programming in their bedrooms cobbling together stuff
> and being ecstatic that it works(for them at least).

I'm going to chalk this up to lack of experience in volunteer
based software projects.

> D is  basically stagnate(bug fixes and piddly stuff don't
> count), which is pretty sad considering it looks to be a one of
> the best languages on the planet.

This is absolutely ridiculous, I'm sorry, there's no other way to
describe this.

The sheer number of new language features, removals of bad ideas,
and new library features makes C++ growth look glacial in
comparison. I literally know of no other language than Python
that has as quick a turnaround on new ideas than D has.