C++17

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 27 09:45:42 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 17:20:37 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> Rust had explosive adoption despite targeting the same exact
> niche as D, there is **not** a lack of developers that want an
> alternative to C++.

Indeed, and why do Rust have so many contributors to the
essential infrastructure? Because they attract C/C++/academic
developers that are capable and inclined to contribute to the
essential infrastructure.

I don't really see how attracting "scripty" programmers will
significantly affect the number of contributors to compiler +
tooling. I also don't think the current contributors contributing
more will make a significant change.