C++17

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 27 18:46:05 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 22:32:33 UTC, Igor wrote:

> 2. Compared to the explosion that D1 had several years ago and
> all the libraries that were create and all the work, D is
> relatively stagnate. Just because stuff is still happening
> doesn't mean anything.
>
> D has lost a lot of momentum in the Phobos\Tango mess and many
> of the eager programmers in D seemed to have moved on to
> greener pastures. It's been over 15 years since D's incarnation
> and one would expect it to be much much further along?

Not even close. I've been following and using D since 2003 and
maintaining Derelict since 2004. I was there through the
Phobos/Tango divide and the transition to D2. I can tell you
anecdotally that things are running on quite a larger scale now
than at any other point during that time. More libraries to
choose from, more newsgroup traffic, more new people asking
questions, more downloads of the compiler (as per the charts
Andrei periodically posts), and more across the board. D is much
further along than it used to be.