What are the real GUI toolkits for D?

Satoshi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 28 02:19:13 PST 2016

On Tuesday, 26 January 2016 at 11:57:29 UTC, Daniel Kozak wrote:
> On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 08:31:34 UTC, Satoshi wrote:
>> On Sunday, 24 January 2016 at 12:16:09 UTC, nbro wrote:
>>> Except for GtkD and DWT, D does not seem to be supported by a
>>> really nice GUI toolkit. Anyway, a serious programming
>>> language nowadays should have a lot more support in that
>>> area. I have not tried GtkD yet, but it seems the most
>>> promising. Many projects have started to create a GUI toolkit
>>> (or wrapper), but now they are abandoned. Are there any plans
>>> to really support the development of standard GUI toolkit?
>>
>> Yop, we started dev of MVC/GUI Framework in pure D called
>> Rikarin. Main concept is based on API from Cocoa framework,
>> like MVC, Delegation, Action/Targer, Responder chain, etc.
>>
>> In 6 months, there should be a first release.
>>

>> (our web designer is currently working on website
>> http://www.rikarin.org/)
>
> Can you post some more info? Which platform this toolkit will
> support? What license? Can somebody help and how?

It will be multiplatform, primary for windows and linux.
As a main rendering tech. is used OpenGL with the custom drawing
library for drawing simple shapes, bezier curves, etc. We are
implementing material design, you can design template for your
app first, then just design windows/views in IDE.
= fully customizable design of apps in IDE.

We adopt storyboard creation style from Cocoa where you can make
whole GUI in IDE then bind controllers onto it.

We dont have a licence yet. But it will be something like free
for non-commercial use and companies under 5 people and less than
$20k profit per year.

Project is not opensource so only thing how somebody can help us
is just by reporting bugs. But we discussing about opensource
release of Rikarin Framework.