Google Summer of Code 2016

Craig Dillabaugh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 28 05:53:30 PST 2016

On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 23:58:32 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> The deadline for the Google Summer of Code, 2016 is February
> 19th. Which means we have about a month and a half to put
> something together.  For the time being I've recycled last
> years projects (with one dropped so far):
>
> http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas#Ideas

clip

> http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_mentors

We have had another student inquiry on the GSOC front.  I am
going from memory, which is always a bit sketchy, but it seems
that there is a bit of an increase in student interest this year.

Would there be any interest in a project to automate binding
generation from C files (or perhaps even a full conversion tool)?
  This could be done either as a new project, or possibly building
on dstep - if there is meaningful work that can still be done to
improve that project.  Alternately, the student suggested using
pycparser (https://github.com/eliben/pycparse) as the basis for
such a tool?

Jacob, are you sure you don't want to Mentor?  It seems like you
are involved in all the interesting projects from a student
perspective :o)

Is there work that can be done to improve dstep?