Trouble complinig DMD 2.070 on windows

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 29 19:46:07 PST 2016

On 30 January 2016 at 09:38, E.S. Quinn via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a 64-bit DMD.exe on windows (as my project has enough
> CTFE and Template work that it bumps up against the 4gb limit).
>
> with the pre-DDMD setup I was just able to load the thing up in visual
> studio 2013 and build, but I've been having some difficulty with 2.070's
> projects. Namely, it seems that no matter what type of bulid I do, I get a
> bunch of errors in elfobj.c and one in filename.d

I'm building master with VS2015, but you need to make sure you
manually update to the latest VisualD release (but that problem is
nothing to do with the errors you show here).

Consider updating to 2015? It is the first really significant
improvement to MS's stack for like a decade (major C++/standards
improvements). At this point, I think it is in all windows developers
best interest to purge and forget the rancid memory of every prior VS
release ;)