Pre-alpha D language online tour

André via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 30 08:46:37 PST 2016

On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 21:18:45 UTC, rsw0x wrote:
> On Monday, 25 January 2016 at 21:12:14 UTC, André wrote:
>> [...]
>
> might be worth noting that Rust uses playpen for sandboxing
> their online compiler
> https://github.com/thestinger/playpen

Thank you for the link and the information! Unfortunately playpen
doesn't work inside a Docker container because it basically uses
the same technologies and has dependencies just available on
systemd based base systems.

I know decided to go the Docker way. I just pushed a change which
lets the source be compiled and run within a Docker container
that contains RDMD. This is working quite well so far and should
be a quite safe sandbox. The started  Docker containers are
restricted in memory usage and could be restricted in terms of
CPU usage.

And this is online as of now. So the source code editor is now
ready for compiling D online in the tour :-)

Cheers,
André