Regex in ctfe?

tsbockman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 31 13:57:54 PST 2016

On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 21:09:19 UTC, Era Scarecrow
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 January 2016 at 20:25:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> Currently, AFAIK, (d)dmd does not use anything from Phobos.
>> I'm not sure if this is a temporary situation, or there's a
>> strong reason for it.
>
>  Probably since it was so recently changed from C++ to D that
> it just hasn't tried to include anything. And leaving the two
> projects (library and compiler) separate does allow a certain
> level of purity.

This was a deliberate decision to avoid creating circular
dependencies between the compiler and Phobos, which are arguably
too tightly coupled already. (I remember seeing it discussed
somewhere around the time of the transition to DDMD; I'm too lazy
to dig up a link right now.)