D is crap

rikki cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 2 21:48:59 PDT 2016

Here is what I'm going to say and people will probably just reiterate it.

1) Report problems. Can't be fixed if we don't know it.
2) We're working on it. No really, I get it, you want to have a GUI
toolkit yesterday but I don't think you understand just how expensive it
is dependency wise. Its not like we only have one platform to worry
about, Windows is the easiest platform of all to target here.
3) What did I said about working on it? No really, I do mean it. Adam D
Ruppe is working on a replacement docs generation system[0] which is
significantly better then what we currently have.
4) No one here is paid. It is truly amazing that D can do what it does
do. We do our best with what we have, even if it means we must look long
term instead of short term.

[0] http://dpldocs.info/experimental-docs/std.string.html