D is crap

bachmeier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 3 04:20:14 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 3 July 2016 at 04:37:02 UTC, D is crap wrote:
> I'm sorry many of you have spent your lives working on
> something that won't amount to much in the real world. It was a
> valiant effort. Maybe it will seed new languages that will
> actually work and have the tooling to be useful. D itself is
> not a practical tool for general real world software
> development.

What is "real world software development"? Of course it is
exactly what I happen to do and it is done exactly the way I do
it. Nobody uses scripting languages, nobody uses Python, all
programming is web development, real development is done in an
IDE, real development is done in a corporate setting as part of a
team of at least 15 software engineers and involves automated
testing and dependency checking and code reviews. Nobody uses
garbage collection. Real developers don't use a compiler.

I have nothing useful to add to this discussion. It's Sunday
morning and this lecture about how I'm not a real programmer
annoyed me.