D is crap

singingbush via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 3 16:02:29 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 3 July 2016 at 04:37:02 UTC, D is crap wrote:
> 10. Most user contributed D packages are outdated. They simply
> don't work anymore due to all the language changes.

This is the only point in the rant that I can agree with. I've
been stung a few times by dub dependencies preventing me from
building a project. It's nothing to do with the language itself
though and I think complaining about it is completely wrong.
Rather than moaning here you should be creating a bug report for
whichever project you find problems with or even better
contributing a fix.

I spend most of my time working with Java so have gotten used to
having a huge amount free libs & tools because the eco-system
around Java is huge. The D community is tiny by comparison so
there's far less in that respect. That hasn't stopped me wanting
to use D though, I can still see benefits to using it and I
prefer it to Rust or Go.