D is crap

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 00:53:13 PDT 2016

On Monday, 4 July 2016 at 07:20:05 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> i'm guilty of this myself (ranting and so on), so i've been on
> both sides. when i just came to D, i've immediately noticed
> alot of obvious things that should be fixed for good, and
> sometimes wrote about that in "hey, listen to me, i know what
> to do!" manner. but as time passed, i've seen many other posts
> similar to mines. if it was so obvious, D devs must be really
> dumb to not see that by theirselves, right? and if they are so
> dumb, i don't think that they can program at all, so D just
> can't exist! but D exists, so something is wrong in this
> logical chain. ;-)

Nah, this just means that you have gotten used to the quirks and
learned to work around them and therefore no longer notice them
as much. That does not mean that newbie's are wrong in
complaining about obstacles.

Lack of libraries is not the most reasonable thing to complain
about, but language and tooling issues are fair game.