Using electron for IDE development

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 11:25:51 PDT 2016

As far as I known, and FEEL, one of the biggest problems of IDE
development is cross platform user interface development.

I haven't started using, but Electron seems like a good tool to
develop applications by using HTML, JS, CSS. Because it is based
on node.js, it can run on many platforms.

There are many HTML based syntax highlighters already.

Would this type of development be causing any licensing, or any
other type of problem in the future for us? Any thoughts?