Using electron for IDE development

tcak via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 4 23:45:16 PDT 2016

On Monday, 4 July 2016 at 19:42:33 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
> On Monday, 4 July 2016 at 19:30:37 UTC, Dmitry wrote:
>> On Monday, 4 July 2016 at 18:55:57 UTC, Gerald wrote:
>>> Visual Studio Code is based on electron and works very well
>>> for me with D when using the code-d plugin for it:
>> Yes, it works prefect
>> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78963719/D/forum/vscode.png
>
> MS recently announced that they are backing an open protocol
> for language-servers in Visual Studio Code:
>
> https://code.visualstudio.com/blogs/2016/06/27/common-language-protocol

I have done a similar thing to this before. A web app runs on the
browser, and my server runs on my local computer. Web app sends
requests to local server to access to file system, and all other
things.

Considering this, we could develop the IDE as a web app, and lets
say the IDE backend could be developed by using vibe.d, and it
accesses to the D compiler and all other things.