D is crap

ZombineDev via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 07:38:07 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 at 12:59:27 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 at 11:27:33 UTC, ZombineDev wrote:
>> Have you put any enhancement request on
>> https://issues.dlang.org or written a DIP? If not, I can
>> guarantee with almost 100% that it will not get worked because
>> no one knows what you need.
>
> SIMD support has been discussed and shot down before.

The fact core.simd exists (regardless how well it works)
contradicts your statement. I still can't see what *you* find
missing in the current implementation. Do you have any particular
SIMD enhancement request that was declined?

The floats problem you talk about does not affect SIMD, so to me
it seems that your just looking for excuses for not working on a
solid proposal.