D is crap

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 5 22:01:02 PDT 2016

On 7/5/2016 6:30 PM, ketmar wrote:
>> I'm curious about why you require 32 bits.
> and i'm curious why everyone is so amazed by 64-bit systems. none of my software
> is using more than 2GB of RAM. why should i pay for something i don't need?
> like, all pointers are magically twice bigger. hello, cache lines, i have a
> present for you!

I agree, 64 bits does have its drawbacks.

Apple has dropped all 32 bit support, Ubuntu is preparing to. I wonder when
Windows will drop it like they did 16 bit support - they'll probably be the last
to do so, as they value legacy compatibility more than anyone else.

But it's coming. We should be investing in the future with our limited resources.