Vision for the D language - stabilizing complexity?

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 7 13:59:43 PDT 2016

On 7/7/16 12:23 PM, Andrew Godfrey wrote:
> What is the D leadership's vision for how the language will evolve with
> respect to this metric (ease of parseability by a human already well
> versed in the latest version of the language)?

Alias parameters have been around for a while. Generally it's not a
feasible strategy to assign (or assume as reader) a single
context-independent meaning to a keyword.

We are always keeping a close watch on language complexity as we improve
it. One thing we're looking increasingly into is shifting to the
compiler the responsibility of ascribing qualifiers and attributes, thus
reducing the need for writing them by humans. Walter has a few quite
interesting recent ideas in the area, which may bear fruit soon.

Andrei