Vision for the D language - stabilizing complexity?

jmh530 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 8 12:43:39 PDT 2016

On Friday, 8 July 2016 at 18:16:03 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

> You may well be literally the only person on Earth who dislikes
> the use of "static" in "static if". -- Andrei

You have to admit that static is used in a lot of different
places in D. It doesn't always mean something like compile-time
either. For instance, a static member function is not a compile
time member function. However, I doubt something like this is
going to change, so it doesn't really bother me.

I liked the way that the Sparrow language (from the presentation
you posted a few weeks ago) did it. Instead of static if, they
use if[ct].