Vision for the D language - stabilizing complexity?

Observer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 9 05:41:37 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 11:49:49 UTC, burjui wrote:
> I'm sorry, but these examples are horrible, except maybe
> "constant if", because none give a clue about compile-time and
> they are not even synonyms. ... You didn't even think about it,
> just picked the words from a book.

It's a process.  One comes up with an idea, mulls it over, tries
it out, evaluates, revises.  I'm not saying that any one of these
choices is definitely better.  What I'm saying is that someone
claimed earlier that "static" wasn't a good choice, but gave no
examples of possible alternatives, or how to find one.  The point
is, an attempt to follow a process that often yields good results
for variable naming seems to not give great results in this case,
which I suppose argues for the status quo.