D is crap

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 11 07:02:09 PDT 2016

On Monday, 11 July 2016 at 13:24:14 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I bet you that if D hadn't had GC when it first came out,
> people would've mentioned manual memory management as a reason
> not to use GC. I never claimed that D was _propelled_ by GC,
> but that it was a feature that most users would expect. Not
> having it would probably have done more harm than having it.

Actually, I am certain that GC is a feature that _nobody_ would
expect from a system level language, outside the Go-crowd.

> By the way, have you ever designed a language, I'd love to see
> how it would look like ;)

Most programmers have designed DSL, so yes, obviously. If you are
talking about a general purpose language then I wouldn't want to
announce it until I was certain I got the basics right, like
memory management.