D is crap

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 11 09:26:11 PDT 2016

On Monday, 11 July 2016 at 14:58:16 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 11 July 2016 at 14:45:56 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> The biggest problem with D isn't the GC, is lack of focus to
>> make it stand out versus .NET Native, Swift, Rust, Ada, SPARK,
>> Java, C++17.
>
> I knew you would chime in... Neither .NET, Swift or Java should
> be considered system level tools. Ada/Spark has a very narrow
> use case. Rust is still in it's infancy. C++17 is not yet
> finished. But yes, C++ currently owns system level programming,
> C is loosing terrain and Rust has an uncertain future.
>
> The biggest problem with D is not GC, because we now how @nogc.
> But D is still lacking in memory management.

Happy not to disappoint.  :)

OS vendors are the ones that eventually decided what is a systems
programming language on their OSes.

And if they say so, like Apple is nowadays doing with Swift,
developers will have no option other than accept it or move to
other platform, regardless of their opinion what features a
systems programming languages should offer.

Just like C developers that used to bash C++, now have to accept
the two biggest C compilers are written in the language they love
to hate.