D is crap

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 11 12:14:07 PDT 2016

On 2016-07-11 14:23, Luís Marques wrote:

> Doesn't seem to work for me on 10.11.5. Maybe you need to enable that on
> the latest OSes?

It works for me. I don't recall specifically enabling crash reports. Are
you looking at "All Messages"? You can also look at
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports to see if a new file shows up.

> In any case, that will probably get you a mangled stack
> trace, right?

Well, OS X doesn't no anything about D mangling ;). But it will demangle
C++ symbols.

> It would still be useful (especially if the stack trace if
> correct, in LLDB I get some crappy ones sometimes) but it would not be
> as convenient as the stack trace on Windows generated by the druntime.

Yes, of course.

--
/Jacob Carlborg