Taking D to GDC Europe - let's make this tight

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 12 05:51:42 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 11:27:18 UTC, Ethan Watson wrote:
> * Check a type for an equality operator
>   - C++ - SFINAE whackiness, and as near as I can tell requires
> separate tests to determine if an object has a member operator
> and/or a global operator for comparison tests

It isn't all that whacky as the required traits for testing for
members have been included in the standard library for C++17:

http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/experimental/is_detected
http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/types/void_t

I use it in my production code, it is actually quite reasonable
for a library solution.

> * Expansion of code for a script wrapper to a native function
> (retrieve parameters and pass to native)
>   - C++ - Pre-C++11 is a mess but doable. Will focus on C++11,
> which requires template parameter inference, compile time
> number range generation, and calling a function with two dummy
> instances of objects to allow the inference to happen.

Not sure what you mean by this. There have been improvements to
template arguments in all recent revisions of C++ so prepare for
comments from the audience.