Card on fire

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 12 12:09:48 PDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 07:05:41PM +0000, Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tuesday, 12 July 2016 at 18:30:58 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > On 2016-07-12 15:20, Chris wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe if it's up an running, it's not so bad. But if it goes to
> > > sleep as well, then things get messy. OS X is not the worst
> > > offender, but the safest thing is to reboot regularly to clean the
> > > RAM. I don't know what exactly causes crashes and funny behavior
> > > but I guess it's "polluted" RAM.
> >
> > I put my computer in sleep mode every night and there's been no
> > problems. I have an up time of 79 days.
>
> Same here. I'm sitting on a 39 day uptime with no problems.

I leave my PC running all the time, and there's never been a problem. I
never reboot unless there's a power outage or the kernel is being
upgraded or I'm physically moving it somewhere else.  Current uptime is
181 days.  I also have a remote server that's been up 665 days.  Linux
rulez. ;-)

Why waste time reinventing the wheel, when you could be reinventing the engine? -- Damian Conway