Go's march to low-latency GC

Istvan Dobos via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 14 03:58:47 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 17:41:59 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 7/7/16 6:36 PM, Enamex wrote:
>> https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=12042198
>>
>> ^ reposting a link in the right place.
>
> A very nice article and success story. We've had similar
> stories with several products at Facebook. There is of course
> the opposite view - an orders-of-magnitude improvement means
> there was quite a lot of waste just before that.
>
> I wish we could amass the experts able to make similar things
> happen for us.
>

> Andrei

Hello Andrei,

May only be slightly related, but when you talked about D vs Go
vs Rust in that Quora answer (here:
https://www.quora.com/Which-language-has-the-brightest-future-in-replacement-of-C-between-D-Go-and-Rust-And-Why/answer/Andrei-Alexandrescu), I was thinking, okay, so D's GC seems to turned out not that great. But how about the idea of transplanting Rust's ownership system instead of trying to make the GC better?

Disclaimer: I know very little about D's possibly similar
mechanisms.

Thanks,
Istvan