dcompute is nearing minimal functionality

Nicholas Wilson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 14 06:31:12 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 at 13:05:12 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 07/13/2016 11:30 PM, Nicholas Wilson wrote:
>> DCompute is my effort to target CUDA and SPIR to enable hassle
>> free
>> native execution on the gpu.
>>
>> It is a D library +modification of LDC and is available at
>> https://github.com/thewilsonator/ldc/tree/dcompute
>
> Whoa, now that's a sight for sore eyes. This is awesome,
> congratulations! -- Andrei

Thanks! Still a way to go though, the backend of llvm is not
cooperating. :(

But as soon as thats done its just a case of de-hackifying it and
adding things like command line parameters, instead of hardcoding
things. Then I get to start on wrapping those magic types and
making a library out of it (writing in D instead if C++, so that
should be more fun and less time spent waiting for the linker).