Vision for the D language - stabilizing complexity?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 14 09:47:20 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 at 16:17:19 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> I still haven't found someone who can explain how C++ can
> define the behavior of modifying a variable after casting away
> const.

C++ is locked down in a mine-field of backward compatibility
issues and a need to interface with C verbatim (directly
including C header files where const parameters might lack the
const modifier).

D does not work with C header files and can redefine the
interfaces to fit D semantics in C bindings...