Vision for the D language - stabilizing complexity?

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 14 16:38:17 PDT 2016

On 7/14/2016 6:26 AM, Chris wrote:
> Now, now. Where's your sense of humor?

The thing is, he's just here to troll us. His posts all follow the same pattern
of relentlessly finding nothing good whatsoever in D, and we're all idiots.
There's no evidence he's ever written a line of D, his examples are pulled out
of context from other posts. I don't believe he's ever read the D spec. Whenever
he loses a point, he reframes and tries to change the context.

He's never contributed a single line of code, nor submitted a single bug report,
nor any proposals. His criticisms are always non-specific and completely
unactionable. Trying to engage him in a productive discussion inevitably turns
into an endless, fruitless, utterly meaningless thread, likely because he
doesn't actually know anything about D beyond bits and pieces gleaned from other
ng postings.

It's sad, considering that he's obviously knowledgeable about the academic end
of CS and could be a valuable contributor. But he chooses this instead.

As for me, I've decided to put him in my killfile. He's the only one in 15 years
to earn that honor.