Card on fire

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 15 15:55:06 PDT 2016

On Friday, 15 July 2016 at 22:48:14 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> For a time at Symantec I pushed through making the compiler
> runnable directly off of the CD without requiring an
> installation.

Fun fact: this was basically THE killer feature of the Digital
Mars compiler for me way back when. I started on a school
computer where I couldn't install anything, and later, when I got
a home computer, I kept it on disc.

To this day, I still use dmd the same way: unzip it and call the
program in-place instead of trying to install it.