Go's march to low-latency GC

thedeemon via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 16 04:02:00 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 14 July 2016 at 10:58:47 UTC, Istvan Dobos wrote:
>  I was thinking, okay, so D's GC seems to turned out not that
> great. But how about the idea of transplanting Rust's ownership
> system instead of trying to make the GC better?

This requires drastically changing 99% of the language and it's
bringing not just the benefits but also all the pain coming with
this ownership system. Productivity goes down, learning curve
goes up. And it will be a very different language in the end, so
you might want to just use Rust instead of trying to make D
another Rust.