@nogc vs IAllocator

Lodovico Giaretta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 16 11:47:53 PDT 2016

On Saturday, 16 July 2016 at 18:34:31 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> What kind of features do you mean? I'd personally want only
> compile-time configuration and minimal to no OOP.

Thank you for your time.
The DOM specification provides "DOM features"[1] as a mean to
extend the DOM with custom informations and methods, so that you
can query a node at runtime if it supports a certain "feature".
If it does, it will return you an interface that provides access
to those infos and methods (usually that interface is just a
dynamic cast of the object itself, but it is not mandatory). For
example, an implementation may provide methods to modify SVG
nodes in a more meaningful way than dealing directly with parents
and siblings. You would access these extra methods using
getFeature("SVG"). The W3C itself maintains a long list of such
optional extensions [2].

[1]
https://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#DOMFeatures
[2]