Vision for the D language - stabilizing complexity?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 16 22:50:31 PDT 2016

On Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 02:59:42AM +0000, Nobody via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 9 July 2016 at 00:14:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

> > > I think this is a very dangerous assumption. And also not true.
> >
> > Feel free to post a counterexample. All you need is one!
> >

> Perl 6.

Are you serious?  Perl is the *prime* example of "unprincipled and
complex".  Larry Wall himself said (in print, no less):

	English is useful because it is a mess. Since English is a mess,
	it maps well onto the problem space, which is also a mess, which
	we call reality. Similarly, Perl was designed to be a mess,
	though in the nicest of all possible ways. -- Larry Wall

Being able to learn is a great learning; being able to unlearn is a
greater learning.