Walter: D asm syntax not consistent nor calling convention with C++

Adam Sansier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 16 23:24:23 PDT 2016

I should point out that the code still doesn't work. It simply
doesn't crash. It seems to jump to another code location that
fails silently. I might not be fixing up the stack frame
correctly or or doing something D expects. Hard to no because
when I try to step over the `call` instruction it ends up in
limbo in another part of the code so I can't check the return
state to even see if it passed. I guess EIP is getting thrashed.
Regardless, just further proves something is wrong with D as C++
works exactly as it should no matter how the function is called.