Walter: D asm syntax not consistent nor calling convention with C++

Adam Sansier via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jul 16 23:27:46 PDT 2016

On Sunday, 17 July 2016 at 06:23:34 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 7/16/2016 11:10 PM, Adam Sansier wrote:
>> D is not consistent with C++ in asm and calling convention.
>
> In general, it is a *lot* easier to debug inline asm issues if
> you're willing to run obj2asm on the output and compare. No
> need to run a debugger on a crashing program.
>
> And you're right that D has a different calling convention than
> C++. The solution to that is declare the function in the D code
> as 'extern (C++)'.

I did that. That's been that way from the get go. Are you going
to serious take a look at the problem?(If you looked, you would
have saw I declared it extern(C++) in the interface). I will send
you all the source if you want. All you need is an asio supported
sound card or install asio4all and you should be able to run it.
Or do you not care if there is a bug in D? I Know it might be my
fault but I've spend 2 long days on this problem and haven't
gotten anywhere. It's very easy to blow it off, just let me know
if that's what you are going to do so I can move on.