Our docs should be more beautiful

Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 18 09:18:27 PDT 2016

On Monday, 18 July 2016 at 15:56:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> * My pet dream was to work on a project with a beautiful
> justified and hyphenated website. After endless debates,
> ugliness has won - I'm looking at a eye-scratching ragged right
> edge.

Please, no more debates on this.

The web's typographic code is not good enough yet and it looks
terrible. Also, bad justified text is a nightmare for people with
Dyslexia. My dyslexic friend has many custom styles for sites
with justified text just so he can read without a headache.

> * The constraint on "struct Checked" is not formatted the same
> as the other constraints.

This is a bug. File a report :-) ?

> * The grayed out constraints are also indented horizontally -
> by a lot. If they're already distinguished by color, no need to
> indent them. Oh, then I saw if you hover you see "Constraints:
> " written in the space that seem to be indentation. Could we
> format that in non-code font at least?

I rather like the indentation. Let's me reduce things that need
to be processed visually easily.

> * "0 Contributors" should not be displayed at the bottom if
> there are no contributors. But I assume that's only the case
> before the pull is merged?

Yeah, should be one when it's merged.