Our docs should be more beautiful

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 18 18:48:05 PDT 2016

>> I was proofreading
>> http://dtest.thecybershadow.net/artifact/website-f26d7179b8449e89e1961391fde9f221813c707c-04d0496c2d8cecedc4d75c919646d564/web/phobos-prerelease/std_experimental_checkedint.html
>>
>> and there are a few ways in which our docs could look better.
>
> BTW, apparently the ddox version is not generated. Should be at:
>
> http://dtest.thecybershadow.net/artifact/website-f26d7179b8449e89e1961391fde9f221813c707c-04d0496c2d8cecedc4d75c919646d564/web/library-prerelease/std/experimental/checkedint.html
>

> but it's not. Vladimir?

Eh, found it at:

http://dtest.thecybershadow.net/artifact/website-32ee0211c7f70b1a06ed3f6ee49f561bee57fee0-ef296f09c3917e6f329f2ca29cbd9f6a/web/library-prerelease/std/experimental/checkedint.html

The ddox version does look nicer. My only nits there are:

* The red underline for links looks jarring, especially in conjunction
with blue code.

* Look, ma, no boxes - awesome. And most horizontal lines are
understatedly helpful.

* At the bottom of the page there's an odd "| Page generated by ddox." I
suppose something should be before the pipe?

* Well the template constraint is not formatted differently/helpfully.
I'm thinking some stylized comments in conjunction with ddox could work
miracles here.

Andrei