The case for small diffs in Pull Requests

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 18 23:29:05 PDT 2016

On 2016-07-19 00:30, Walter Bright wrote:
> https://medium.com/@kurtisnusbaum/large-diffs-are-hurting-your-ability-to-ship-e0b2b41e8acf#.h3eo1yvqv
>

> I've been advocating for a while now that PRs should be small,
> incremental, encapsulated and focused. This has not been without
> controversy. I hope the referenced article is a bit more eloquent and
> convincing than I have been.

I fully agree, the problem is if unfinished features are merged to
master, which has happened quite a lot in D. Have you read the solution,
linked at the bottom? [1]. As far as I can remember, I have not seen
this used in the D projects at all.

[1]
http://graysonkoonce.com/stacked-pull-requests-keeping-github-diffs-small/

--