Phobos doc anchors not friendly for keyboard-centric browsers

rcorre via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jul 19 07:32:28 PDT 2016

On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 13:33:28 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2016 at 13:27:37 UTC, qznc wrote:
>>> I don't understand, the anchor link doesn't go anywhere. It's
>>> to provide a perma-link to that piece of documentation so you
>>> can direct link to it somewhere else.
>>
>> My guess: "every clickable element has a series of keys shown
>> above it". The permalinks are not clickable unless you hover
>> above, thus no "hinting", thus not useable by keyboard-centric
>> browsers.
>>
>> Maybe have it always visible and float to the right?
>
> I know why he can't click them, I don't understand why it's a
> problem.

Suppose I want to link someone to a function doc. I'd go to the
doc page, press ';y' (which activates hint yank mode), and then
the keys for the anchor. This would yank the anchor URL to my
clipboard so i could paste it in my answer. But this won't work
because the anchor isn't shown unless I hover it with the mouse,
which breaks my flow.

It's a small thing and I'm probably in a minority who work like
this, but it would be nice to have unless there's a good reason
to hide the anchors. I seem to remember before that you could
click the function name to get an anchor link.