proposal: private module-level import for faster compilation

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 20 11:18:14 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 20 July 2016 at 18:09:06 UTC, Timothee Cour wrote:
> this simple example shows this feature would provide a 16X
> speedup.
100 ms speedup in exchange of creating another special case in
language? no, thank you, won't buy.

that was exactly what i meant: if we'll look at *real* numbers
instead of scales, we'll find that all amazing "speedups" are
measured in terms of milliseconds for most projects, and in terms
of seconds for 100mb+ projects. breaking language orthogonality
for this is something i can't see as improvement. sorry.