Should I write an OSC library for D, or is it a sunken ship?

solidstate1991 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 24 08:33:24 PDT 2016

After I started to get into a near usable state with my game
engine, which originally called as VDP-engine, now it's renamed
to Pixel Perfect ( https://github.com/ZILtoid1991/VDP-engine ), I
was thinking on creating some software synths, but I find the
conventional midi lacking in feature. After some research on the
web, I found Open Sound Control as a perfect candidate, however
it's not only lacks a standard namespace, but also barely
supported.

On the other hand, I want to code something else besides my
engine (although I think I'll publish the Extendible Bitmap (a
bitmap file format capable of storing multiple images and
animations in a single file) as a separate library), etc. I even
thinking about creating an OSC file, similar to midi files with
its own editor. Or should I write a framework instead with nice
retro aesthetics? I already wrote one for my engine, so I can
have a nice windowing framework for the engine's editor, although
it lacks functionality and uses the CPU for drawing.