Docs: Links to source code

Chris via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 27 04:09:59 PDT 2016

On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 at 11:01:14 UTC, lkfsdg wrote:
> On Wednesday, 27 July 2016 at 10:54:37 UTC, Chris wrote:
>>
>> Out of interest, why was it fallacious? I always use the
>> online docs.
>
> You argueed that it would be nice to have this feature because
> you often have to browse on GH. That's fallacious because I've
> shown that it can be done locally. your original argument
> doesn't stand. You see the logic ;)

Sorry, your argument was fallacious, because it was based on the
assumption that everybody uses an IDE, the same as you do at
that. Also, with your argumentation ("it can be done locally"),
we could get rid of online dictionaries, encyclopedias etc.,
because I (might) have one on my desk - or I might have
downloaded it to my local machine. No, your logic doesn't hold.

And when you skim through the docs online, as I do sometimes to
see if a functionality I need is in Phobos, it's pretty handy to
be able to jump from there to GH.