D for competitive programming

urxvt1 via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 28 14:20:29 PDT 2016

I wanted to try topcoder problems (never used this site before)
and I found out that it doesn't support dlang.
They only have c++, java, c#, vb.net, python languages.
It would be great to see D on this list.
I found this thread
https://apps.topcoder.com/forums/?module=Thread&threadID=703674
and it seems that it's not that easy to add new langauge and they
are not very interested.
And I think that one of the keys to make D more popular and
attract more people
to try it would be to promote D as a language for learning
algorithms and competitive programming. This niche is mostly
occupied by c++ and java.
I think that D might be a very good candidate to push these
languages in CP.

I've also checked google code jam statistics and unfortunately D
isn't very popular here compared to say golang or scala.
https://www.go-hero.net/jam/16/languages
https://www.go-hero.net/jam/15/languages
https://www.go-hero.net/jam/14/languages
https://www.go-hero.net/jam/13/languages