[OT] Music to Program Compilers To

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 31 00:52:43 PDT 2016

On Sat, 2016-07-30 at 19:13 +0000, Antonio Corbi via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Friday, 29 July 2016 at 22:44:04 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> >
> > http://70sdisconights.com/
> >
> > Yes, I listen to it while I work.
>
> I usually listen to several channels from somafm.com (depending
> on my mood) but for programming tasks I tend to listen to "sf
> 10-33" (Ambient music mixed with the sounds of San Francisco
> public safety radio traffic) and latelly to "Mission Control"
> (Celebrating NASA and Space Explorers everywhere.", I find them
> very soothing.

Programmers should never listen to music generated by their computer,
nor CDs played in their computer. Programmers should always use CDs in
a CD player out of reach of the position for programming. Also the CD
player remote should not be in reach.

Every time the CD stops you get up change to a new CD and then get on
with programming.

If you are all neophyte and new fangled (and lower quality even than
CDs) restrict your MP3 or Ogg Vorbis player (not the computer for
programming) to one album at a time, and put the device out of reach.

Never put a radio on.

The point here is to get up out of the chair for at least 2 mins every
40 mins to 60 mins. For the really keen to stay fit and alive you might
want to do a few stretching exercises whilst changing the music.
Especially fingers. And neck.

I recommend "The eight pieces of silk brocade" qigong.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk