The Case Against Autodecode

Kagamin via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 07:53:59 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 13:06:44 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> This is what's happening here. We worked ourselves to a foam
> because the creator of the language started a thread entitled
> "The Case Against Autodecode", whilst fully understanding there
> is no way to actually eliminate autodecode.

Autodecode doesn't need to be removed from phobos completely, it
only needs to be more bearable, like it is in the foreach
statement. E.g. byDchar will stay, initial idea is to actually
put it to more intensive usage in phobos and user code, no need
to remove it.