Dealing with Autodecode

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 08:14:57 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 15:03:34 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> You start to sound like a car salesman.
>
> I assume that means overselling or false advertising. Where do
> either of these happen? -- Andrei

For SDC for instance, autodecode is a problem (in fact, it is the
very reason I abandoned making the lexer usable as a standalone)
while RCStr would not help one bit as string are pretty much
never manipulated directly anywhere.

More generally, using RCStr is at best sidestepping the issue
rather than solving it.

On the GC side of the issue, I think there are also
overstatements.