The Case Against Autodecode

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 08:38:46 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 15:02:13 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> Yah, this is a bummer and one of the larger issues of our
> community: there's too much talking about doing things and too
> little doing things.

We wrote a PR to implement the first step in the autodecode
deprecation cycle. Granted, it wasn't ready to merge, but you
just closed it with a flippant "not gonna happen" despite the
*unanimous* agreement that the status quo sucks, and now complain
that there's too much talking and too little doing!

When we do something, you just shut it down then blame us. What's
even the point of trying anymore?