Broken links continue to exist on major pages on dlang.org

ag0aep6g via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 11:44:47 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 18:24:30 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> The first D-related hit on searching for
>
> std.algorithm
>
> on Google is https://dlang.org/library/std/algorithm.html. That
> is the 255th most accessed file on dlang.org (including the
> .ico, css, .js etc many of which are accessed from most other
> pages).

/library/ pages are DDOX pages. That is the "NEW Library
Reference Preview". It's not ready for prime time. It should be
hidden from Google until it's ready. Here's a quick PR to do
that: https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1320

I guess no one really feels responsible for this stuff.

> I recall I reported this a while ago. It either has never been
> fixed, or it became a problem again. Folks, I can't babysit all
> this stuff. I can't babysit all this stuff.

Meh.