Broken links continue to exist on major pages on dlang.org

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 12:27:19 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 19:06:42 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
> But I'd hate to implement some kind of special case here
> instead of simply fixing the Phobos sources to use macros that
> carry proper semantical meaning.

That's actually exactly what I did:

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1177

The foundation even got merged into upstream dlang.org, six
months ago!

Sadly, the follow-up, just about two weeks after I laid the
foundation* got stalled out
<https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/3926> until recently, now a
PR based on that one <https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4303>
got merged ten days ago.

* Cross-linking in ddoc has been remarkably non-trivial until
recently, and even so, MREF, REF, and REF_ALTTEXT, while much
better than it was before, still aren't ideal.

Fixing links is, in theory, one of the easiest tasks people can
do, but in practice the plethora of bizarre macros makes it far
harder than it should be. Even the REF macro family, which aims
to unify them, has hit hurdles:

https://github.com/dlang/dlang.org/pull/1257