Phobos needs a (part-time) maintainer

Seb via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 13:23:37 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 20:17:32 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 06/02/2016 03:41 PM, Basile B. wrote:
>> Once a pr gets the label "@andrei". It basically means that
>> "it's dead".
>
> You mean @andralex? You are right. I am sorry, I'm coming off
> an unprecedently busy spring spent mostly evangelizing D at
> various conferences, or doing contract work that will pour
> money in the Foundation's coffers. This is not work I can
> delegate, but is poised to have great impact (more on that
> later). I thought leaving Facebook would free my time, but
> things have gotten really crazily busy. And look at me - I
> spend most of my time on the autodecoding thread.
>
> Andrei

Can't we have someone that can dedicate a fixed amount of his
professional time to maintain the D infrastructure?
There is so much to do - reviewing and categorizing PRs is just
the tip of the ice berg.

Ideally it would be a full-time position, but if a company would
dedicate 20% of an employees time to start be able to contribute
to D, that would be an awesome step forward.