Why I won't fix phobos bugs anymore

qznc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 2 13:52:23 PDT 2016

On Thursday, 2 June 2016 at 19:41:30 UTC, Basile B. wrote:
> Yesterday I've took the decision not to propose anymore PR for
> Phobos bugfixes, even if most of the time it's easy.
>
> 1)
>
> It can take up to 2 or 3 weeks until a "phobos bugfix" get
> merged. Even a straight one.
>
> 2)
>
> Once a pr gets the label "@andrei". It basically means that
> "it's dead".

Hm, I just got on PR [0] into Phobos in 8 days. The experience
was good. Andrei was heavily involved and responded timely. All
delays were deserved and I clearly needed the reviews and
comments.

It even was a little too quickly, since it got merged before I
could remove a somewhat outdated comment [1]. ;)

[0] https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4362
[1] https://github.com/dlang/phobos/pull/4362#discussion_r65607429